Pre & Post Care
Pre/Post Procedure Information, Advice & Care.
Permanent , Semi-Permanent & Medical micropigmentation are all procedures that normally require multiple sessions. All enhancements are considered multi session treatments. They are low maintenance vs no maintenance. For best results, clients are required to return for at least one retouch treatment within the 90 days of initial treatment. An initial application is incomplete until a follow-up appointment is complete which must be scheduled approximately 6 to 12 weeks after your initial appointment. Most treatments include the first retouch unless indicated otherwise.
WHILE YOUR SKIN HEALS, BE PREPARED FOR THE COLOR INTENSITY OF YOUR PROCEDURE TO BE SIGNIFICANTLY LARGER, SHARPER, BRIGHTER, OR DARKER than what is expected for the final outcome. This is a normal and expected result of the application and healing process. The healing process may take up to 10 days to complete, depending on how quickly the outer layer of your skin exfoliates and new skin regrows to take its place. Since delicate skin or sensitive areas may swell slightly or redden, it may be best not to make social plans for a day or two following any procedure.
PRE ADVICE - For successful outcome for all treatments.
- Since delicate skin or sensitive areas may be swollen or red in tone, it is advised not to make social plans for the same day.
- Please wear your normal makeup to your consultation.
- Please bring your everyday makeup pencils, lip colors, eyebrow shadows if these shades are what you would like to be mimicked.
- Advise your dermillusionst if you have taken aspirin, Ibuprofen or Coumadin within two days of treatment.
- Do not discontinue any medication before consulting your doctor
- Do not drink alcohol or caffeinated beverages 24 hours prior to treatment.
- An allergy patch is performed unless waived upon request.
- Do NOT PICK, PEEL, RUB, EXFOLIATE any treated area, during healing process
- If your skin is freshly tanned or sunburned near the treated area, it is advised to wait until skin is back to its normal state before a treatment
- If you are using Retin-A or other retinol based skin products, you must discontinue these products for 10 days prior to your procedure
- If you are prone to sensitivity pre, post or during your menstrual cycle, please book your treatment accordingly as we want you to be comfortable during procedure.
- If you are being treated for a serious medical condition, you must inform us. Although it may be okay to proceed with a treatment, in some cases we may need a Physician release form filled out before proceeding.
PRE Eyebrow Procedures:
- Avoid tweezing, waxing, electrolysis, and tinting your brows for one week prior to the procedure if possible. This will allow your dermillusionist the most flexibility to achieve optimal results.
- If you have BOTOX or FILLER treatments, have the treatments done 3 weeks prior or 1 month after a session of cosmetic tattooing. ( This is if these injections are surrounding the area going to tattooed.
PRE Eyeliner Procedures
- DO NOT WEAR CONTACT LENSES DURING OR IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING THE PROCEDURE. Remember to bring your glasses. You may resume wearing your contact lenses as soon as your eyes return to their pretreated condition.
- Do not use growth stimulants such as Latisse®, Rapid Lash®, or Revita Lash® for at least one week prior to and two weeks after your eyeliner procedure.
- If you have eyelash extensions, please remove them prior to treatment.
- Any eyelash tinting or eyelash perming should be carried out no sooner than 1 one week before or two weeks after.
- You may have some swelling, as a safety precaution, we recommend that you have someone available to drive you home.
- If you are driving yourself home please bring sunglasses as you eyes may be sensitive to light
PRE Lip Procedures
- If you have any history of cold sores/ fever blisters/ herpes simplex, you must contact your physician to obtain and take the proper prescription medication to prevent such outbreaks for at least 4 days before and after the procedure. Many physicians prescribe 12 capsules of 500mg Valtrex. Follow your physician’s instructions. Two or three applications may be required to achieve the desired results. NO EXCEPTIONS
- Lip enhancement procedures do not cause cold sores, however the virus does lay dormant in the body and can be aroused by the treatment.
- Lip bleaching or waxing should not take place for at least two weeks before treatment. It is not uncommon to lose up to 50% of the color on the first application
- Please refrain from eating spicy or Salty foods after a treatment for a least 5 days.
Post Procedure information, Advice & Care for Treatments
To achieve the best results please follow :
In many cases some unevenness of color is be expected. This why a retouch appointment is important and may need another retouch. Everyone heals differently. Remember, the color will be stronger & sharper initially. This will lighten and soften significantly after the healing process. If you have any questions or concerns please contact us.
You may experience the following for 72 hours
- Flaking/scabbing ( looks like dry skin)
- Swelling and redness
- Dryness and itchiness in the treatment area is normal
Always wash your hands before applying aftercare balm. Apply healing balm 2 times daily for up to a week starting 3 days after treatment. Continue as needed.
- Keep your hair and pet hair away from treated area to prevent infection
- To prevent cross contamination use a new cotton swab each application of healing balm and change your pillowcase to a new one during healing time.
- No makeup on the treated area for at least 72 hours
- Do not expose area to direct sun, tanning beds, Jacuzzis, saunas, salt water, chlorinated pools, hot water, direct shower spray, skin ointment or creams other than ointment instructed for at least two weeks post treatment.
- Always pat the area. Do NOT RUB
- Our recommendation is to use a gentle facial cleanser to clean the face during healing time
- Please, Do NOT PICK, PEEL or SCRATCH the area. If done so you risk scarring and infection. Some itching is normal. In order for the area to heel as evenly as possible, the area needs to flake on its own.
- Ice pack protected with clean barrier may be placed on area to relieve if experiencing swelling
Long Term Care
- It is important to protect your investment with a good sunscreen. Sun exposure will prematurely cause fading of color.
- If you receive chemical peels, microdermabrasion or any facial treatments please inform your practitioner of your permanent Cosmetics.
- Please inform your doctor of your Permanent Cosmetics if you are scheduled for an MRI scan.