- What is permanent Cosmetics?
- Also known as Micropigmentation (also known as dermapigmentation, permanent or semi-permanent make-up) is a special form of cosmetic tattoo that aesthetically is used to correct, modify, beautify and balance features semi permanently. The most common treatments are available for the eyes, lips and brows and medical tattooing is becoming more popular. A range of natural enhancements for facial and body features to the imitation of make up is offered at dermillusion.
Q.What is Microblading or commonly known as feathered or embroidery eyebrows?
- Microblading is a relatively new innovative semi-permanent make up method it performed using the micro needles by manual deposit of pigment into the top layer of the skin. The color is implemented closer to the surface of the skin resulting in natural looking hair like strokes regardless of the amount of hair present. This brow treatment is almost painless and can last up to 1 year before needing a retouch treatment to redefine the shape and refresh the color. Depending on individual factors and saturation of pigment.
- What is medical or paramedical Cosmetic Tattooing?
- Medical and/or paramedical permanent makeup up is many forms of advanced techniques used for cosmetic tattoos. Available for people who have experienced a range of medical conditions such as burns, scars, Alopecia, Chemotherapy and breast reconstruction. Advanced certifications by your technician should be attained before performing such treatments.
- What treatments are available?
- The most common treatments performed are are the eyebrows, eyeliners and lips. In the Medical Permanent Cosmetics the most common procedure is Areola reconstruction and corrections for treatments done at others clinics/ salons.
- What does the treatment involve?
- At dermallusion we require a consultation for first time candidates to permanent cosmetics or new clients to our clinic. This 30 minute period is used to discuss expected requirements and to explore all of your questions. All your facial features, medical history, lifestyle, image and skintone are taken into consideration prior to performing any treatment. We get to know you and measure how we can match our treatments to your overall goal. Our Certified dermillusionist’s design and custom blend our hypoallergenic medical grade pigments to match your requirements.
- How long does Permanent or Semi permanent makeup up last?
- A common guide is between up to 1-5 years. The treatments that are permanent last between 2-5 years and the treatments that are semi permanent last up to 1 year, neither will wash off. However, it will fade over time and will require touch ups depending on a number of factors such as: your lifestyle( sun exposure), iron deficiency( the body absorbs the iron oxide as a supplement), the pigment color used( lighter shades fade faster)and exfoliation of the area( chemical peels, scrubs)
Touch- ups, color boosts or refreshes are normal for permanent & semi permanent cosmetics procedures. At dermillusion, we provide 3 visits for new treatments. The consultation, initial treatment with a touch up appointment 6 to 12 weeks later for a first time initial treatment. Some may require an additional appointments
- Will it look natural?
- Yes, many of our clients stated that their friends and family members did not even know they had any treatments done. On the brows we use natural soft tones and re- create the illusion of hairs one by one. All other areas it will depend on the ultimate look desired.
Q.Are there any risks involved?
- At dermillusion you can be assured that our team adheres to the highest standards in health and safety. Our center is certified in OSHA ( Occupational Health & Safety) and the centre is within a renowned Cosmetic medical clinic managed by Doctors and Nurses. However, the treatments involve implantation of pigment into the skin, which categorizes it as invasive. We perform a minute allergy test during the consultation to minimize risk. We do not use organic pigments deriving from fruits and vegetables as they have a high risk of carrying bacteria and causing allergic reactions.
- What are the pigments you use made of?
- dermillusion pigments are ingredient safe for the skin, specially formulated with Iron oxide. Iron oxides used for permanent makeup pigments are essential because iron is the most stable and the most common of all of the elements. It’s nontoxic and we have a variety of colors, shades and tints to choose from. Iron oxides are inert, innocuous and non-reactive. In other words they are safe, harmless and inactive. dermillusion will take allergy testing at your consultation for precautionary reasons, yet it is highly uncommon to have a reaction to iron oxide pigments.
- I am going on vacation when should I book my appointment?
- If you are wanting your permanent make up prior to your vacation so you experience a hassle free make up regime then we advise having your treatment and touch up complete two months before you leave to assure a complete result. If you go away after your first treatment and are exposed to direct sun and salt water this will impact the look
- Q. Can have alcohol, aspirin before a service?
- No. We advise to clients to avoid alcohol, aspirin( blood thinners) and vitamin E. Minimize consumption of caffeine 24 hours before.
Medical Cosmetic treatments
- I have a medical condition and I am undergoing treatment can I still have Permanent cosmetic services?
- If you are undergoing any treatments or medication, a consultation is to be completed. This way we can better advise you on going forward and any implications can be discussed to see if we can move forward in delivering your permanent or semi permanent makeup treatment. If you are pregnant or have a medical condition such as an infectious disease you are not able to be treated with PMU(permanent makeup). Medical cosmetic treatments may take a number of treatments to achieve the desired result. This is all dependant on client's circumstance. We look forward to your consultation.
- Does the permanent procedure hurt?
- A highly effective medical grade topical anesthetic liquid and ointment are used to numb the treated area. Pain threshold levels vary from person to person, some feel nothing at all and others have stated it feels similar to tweezing your eyebrows. We will make every effort to make sure you are comfortable at all times.
- How long does the treatment take?
- The timeframe needed all depends on service choice and the details required for the treatment. Clients should set aside 2-3 hours with us but average timeframe is 1.5 hours. This will be advised at time of consultation or booking.
- Do you do Nano or Powdered brows?
- We specialize in providing the utmost natural looking treatments. Hair stroke brows which are also affiliated with hair simulation brows, eyebrow embroidery, eyebrow feathering and micro stroking cosmetics are all services we offer. If you have eyebrow hair or some or none, we can achieve a brow style you want. We will work with you to achieve your desired result. Please refer to treatment list.
- Do I have to remove all of my eyebrow by shaving or waxing?
- No. Please do not shave or tweeze your eyebrows prior to coming in if possible. We work with the eyebrow that you have whether you have plenty or very little hair or none at all. Waxing should be done at least 48 hours prior to your treatment date.
- Do I bring in my eyebrow make up with me to my appointment?
- Yes. If you are currently using any traditional makeup on your eyebrows it is useful to see which brow shades and shape you are using.
- Can I have Botox or electrolysis the same day I have my eyebrow treatment?
- It is recommended to have these treatments done at least o week prior or one week after your eyebrows treatment. Although Botox injections for the forehead are not directly injected in the eyebrow we choose to be cautionary and wait until area is healed to safeguard from any chance of infection.
- Will my eyebrows be very dark?
A.The color intensity of your treatment will be 50% darker immediately after your treatment due the pigment is exposed. This will gradually subside as the skin heels over the area. This can take up to 10 days and a final color result can take up to 1 month.